Marlin Sub-Aqua Club is committed to a club environment in which all adults and children participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience. We:
- Adopt and implement the following BSAC safeguarding policies in full:
- Recognise that all adults and children participating in Marlin Sub-Aqua Club (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in scuba diving in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
- Ensure that those individuals, who work with adults and children in Marlin Sub-Aqua Club whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for adults and children.
- Appoint a Welfare Officer with the necessary skills and training as outlined by BSAC who will take the lead in dealing with all safeguarding matters raised within the Club.
- Ensure that the Welfare Officers name and contact details are known to all staff, Club members and parents of child members.
- The Welfare Officer will be available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately and in line with the BSAC safeguarding policies.
- Ensure all those persons who work with adults or children in Marlin Sub-Aqua Club have undertaken the appropriate training and relevant level of DBS check and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in the BSAC safeguarding policies.
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with adults or children in Marlin Sub-Aqua Club have been recruited in accordance with the BSAC Safe Recruitment Policy.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with adults and children in the Club have the appropriate training and codes of conduct and good practice to follow in line with the guidance in the BSAC safeguarding policies.
- Provide all Club members and parents of members with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about an adult or child’s welfare.
- Ensure that all adult and child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerned about an adult or child’s welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in the BSAC safeguarding policies.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interest of the adult or child.
- Ensure all papers relating to adult or child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.
For all enquiries relating to safeguarding and welfare of Marlin Sub-Aqua Club members please contact our Welfare Officer.